Raw material information
Antistatic products are electrically dissipative products. They are produced by APT based on PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) or PFA (Perfluoralkoxy) fluoropolymer compounds.
The conductivity is achieved by adding a carbon based conductive pigment and the resistor should be in the range of 105 bis 108 Ohm.
- Temperature of use ranges from – 200 °C to + 260 °C
- Electrically dissipative according to ATEX 94/9/EG guideline
- Fully in black colour or in natural colour with black conductive striping
Depending on the resin APT produces dissipative tubes in fully black or with black conductive stripes imbedded in clear material. Die range of diameters range from 0,10mm to 110mm, whereas diameters of 21mm and above are preferably made from PFA. Within this range of diameters almost any size can be manufactured
Depending on customer’s request, antistatic tubes can be packaged in defined ring lengths, wrapped on spools or supplied in cut-off lengths.
Based on these electrically conductive characteristics, antistatic tubes are used for several applications in the industrial sector, which have to be conform to ATEX 94/9/EG guideline requirements for explosive environment:
- Chemical plant construction
- Equipment engineering
- Laboratory techniques and process engineering
- Painting engineering
- Automotive, aerial and spatial engineering